Skip to main content

Reply to "Help Content"

quote:
Originally posted by answrtek:
Providing a robust issues driven help menu with better content eliminates the need to fill out a help ticket in the first place, I would think.

Maybe that is a bit clearer.

Nice to meet you!

I'm Donna.

There...we're off to a different start.

The thing here is the same I've found on other sites. Even though the answers might already be on the board...either in a help file or a posting to the board already, very, VERY FEW will take the time to look for it.

Especially if a person is a newbie to Auctiva, (Sorry to all of those I'm offending in advance) alot won't even bother to look for a file, help stickie folder or previous posting that will help them. Even when that file is clearly noted as here is your answer, click me...and all the person has to do is take a few extra moments to find the answer. Or files that will walk them through learning the system, or take an online class or even hit the search. It's come to the boards and ask for whatever they're looking for whether it be something simple that taking the online class would've solved or something that there is already a file sitting right here and waiting to be opened.

That's one of the reasons I put the Online Classes in my sig as it answers a good percentage of questions.

I like your idea of a robust answering system and since you know what you're doing..it would serve Auctiva (and in the long run help others) to "pick" your gray matter.

Drop Jeff (the CEO) a line or send in a help ticket with your ideas.

You did the right thing and thanks for the smile this morning. I love that term you used..

Auctiva whipped the pants off everyone else.

You take care of yourself,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.