Skip to main content

Reply to "Help! I'm having problems with width of template"

Brent, I really appreciate your help on this. I do understand html somewhat, I'm just not very good at it yet. I did make the mistake of making a profile with the [window] command in the payment instructions so that the window would be at the bottom of all my auctions, and then forgot that it was there. I can see how it would mess with the templates, so I tried the suggestion of going to "Edit Description" on Ebay and so forth. Following your instructions. But I couldn't find the html note <!--ASW--> anywhere in the coding. So I checked a couple more of my auctions that I'm having the scrolling problems with and couldn't find that command. Next, I came back here to "Get The HTML" under my saved listings, copied and then pasted it into MS works so that I could look at the html in a bigger screen, thinking I was just missing it. I couldn't find it. So I used the "find" command in works and the only <!> that I could find, was the one for the template FILE NAME; like <!FILE NAMEBig Griniamond Dazzle2 ect,ect.>

The "get html" in the saved listings area is the entire html, right? It looked like it was.
Anyway, I've decided to just let everyone scroll around to their hearts content with my current listings and I've changed the Shipping and Payment profile so that the [window] command is no longer in there.

I'll just have to be sure and remember what I've done as far as adjustments are concerned! LOL..

Thank you,
vhester

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Brent:
I am imagining that when you revised your listing you copied the store window code and then placed it into the template unsuspectingly.

The fix is to go back into your listings, Revise, look for the section "Edit Description" in the html box that opens you will want to search for "<!--ASW-->" Copy that and everything inbetween it and the next"<!--ASW-->", Delete it from where it is currently. Then towards the end of all that code, there will be a "</table>", immediately following that you may code in the following <br><center>, then paste in all the code that you removed the step before, </center>.

This should fix your problem and place the store window outside your template, towards the bottom of the page.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.