Skip to main content

Reply to "Help with image hosting"

Hi leach,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. I just reviewed the support case you filed about this issue and, while I certainly understand your frustration, I am not aware of any specific technical difficulties on our end of things that would help explain exactly why this happened. I have definitely never heard of an image spontaneously changing after being uploaded.

The only ways by which it should be possible to alter an image after it has been uploaded is to use the “Edit” or “Replace” options on our site to resize, crop, or rotate the image, or to replace the image with a new image file from your computer.

The fact that even the copies of these images eBay made for display in the header and gallery areas exhibit this problem suggests to me that these images were most likely corrupted during the upload process and that the bidders you had bid on your items despite the image problems, as opposed to the images changing after they were uploaded.

I did conduct some test uploads using the image files you emailed to us and was unable to reproduce this behavior so I suspect that the corruption of these image files must have been a result of a connection hiccup during the upload process or some other sort of isolated glitch that cannot be reproduced at the moment.

Even though some of your listings had received bids by the time you noticed this problem, I believe you still should have been able to fix the problem with the images in question by using the “Replace” option on your Image Management page within Auctiva to upload new copies of those images in place of the corrupted ones as Alexis recommended Saturday morning.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue caused you. I see that you have since decided to close your account but, if you decide you would like to give Auctiva another try in the future, please feel free to let us know and we will do our best to help you get started again.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.