Skip to main content

Reply to "Hi Danno! Would like your expertise!"

Hi Deb,

I'll take a guess on the crop problem.... The new camera (a Digital SLR variety) is using a default aspect ratio of 2:3. The plain digital cams default with 3:4. I think my daughter's Pro Nikkon digital SLR does that too. You got lucky with the new cam. Wink Take the pixel width and divide it by the pixel height of one of your raw photos from the cam. If the result is about 0.67, that's 2:3.

I took a quick look at the code and noticed that the script at the bottom of the text has a syntax error for the images, e.g. pic[1]="IMAGE1_URL"; should be pic[1]="[IMAGE1_URL]"; (missing the brackets which all Auctiva tags require).

The main image near the top of the code is showing a default link to an Auctiva hosted picture. That one probably needs to be replaced with the [IMAGE1_URL] tag, so your default image on load is the 1st picture.

Got a favor to ask. The code for the old template apparently is using links to images in the ClixTrix library at photobucket. Since you're updating the template, could you please move the links to images at Auctiva or your own photobucket account. I believe it's the three images I created for you, slogan, tag line, and the cropped banner. I'll keep them operational at the ClixTrix account until I see you've got them safely moved (or give me an OK). Photobucket is notifying me of high account usage. Hopefully, they won't cutoff usage (but that can happen). Don't panic, I don't think combined usage is yet high enough for that to occur. That account was setup for testing only, so it doesn't have the benefit of a paid usage limit.

Danno

Oh....and SophieBox Wildcat Edition is now prepared for beta-1 and is in the eBay Developer's Sandbox undergoing shakedown tests.
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.