Skip to main content

Reply to "HORRIBLE customer story..."

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
What happened to me was over an almost 10 week span and was a horrible experience.

This is my first ever post here. I've been lurking, but after reading Donna's post--Whew! I hate crazy customers as well... Donna, tho, what a nightmare! Eek Glad it's over for you. Thanks for posting the story. It really lets us all know that we're not alone.

At Christmas, I sold 2 sterling silver charms to a woman who wrote several threating letters to me, claiming the charms were not sterling. (They are, of course.) I wrote back mentioning that she was covered by the money-back guarantee, and to return the items for a full refund. More hate-mail. She claims that she took the charms to a jeweler who told her that not only were the charms not sterling, he could not tell what kind of metal they were. Again, I wrote and told her I would gladly refund her money if she was unhappy. She wrote back that she would be reporting me to eBay, etc.....
Fortunately, never heard back from her. But the experience left me very upset.

I also got my first 2 negs just around this time.

I lost my dad 6 weeks earlier. He died right here in my home after a long illness. He and I were very close. In the family, they say I'm his clone. Big Grin

After Dad's death, I had some trouble getting my act together and my ebaying suffered. Two people bought items and negged me due to length of time in shipping the products. Both negged me within 48 hours of each other. My first ever negs in over 1,000 FB. I was really, really, really bumming about it. Maybe it's dumb to worry about it, but I work SOOOO hard with my customers to ensure that they are happy.

Anyway, the first customer received her product, only a few days later than expected and after we emailed back and forth, she withdrew the neg.

On the second person, the package went missing. Great timing, huh? Wrote and told her I would send her a second package, with a bonus (another charm) for her trouble. She shortly negged me after that email. When her package arrived, she returned it to me unopened. I wrote again -- I would have called had I had her number -- but she did not want to hear about the package.

Ok, the first person's a crazy lady. The last person bothered me more, tho, because she was so nice to deal with in her emails, and I think of her every time I see that neg in my feedback. Frown
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.