Skip to main content

Reply to "How can I access a template already being used in an active listing, to "sell similar"

Hi Kelli Jean,

I took that problem listing code to the practicewriter and added code to size the maximum width of the 5 pictures to 500 pixels (that last suggestion on prior post).

http://practicewriter.com/vu/?5DF18

As you can see, the 1/2" bump disappears. I can go smaller or slightly larger for the limit, but wanted your input.

In revisiting your listings, it appears that 400 x 400 are the possible size maximums with your old system. However, your uploads for this first listing from Auctiva and your template's capability shows you have larger size possiblity.

A pixel width limit on the images will automatically resize the pictures in the browser. If a picture is smaller, it will resize larger, but could have some pixelation due to stretch. So, this method is best used when you are uploading a larger size than the template limit.

Danno

Edit: I checked on what Picture Manager had for it's "Standard" picture size, and confirmed 400 pixels for longest dimension, which translates as 400 x 400 for maximum resized storage limits for uploaded pictures. I'm assuming that was your prior method for picture display, and you chose Standard at upload. Auctiva operates by resizing your picture to a maximum of 1024 x 768 at upload and then stores an original at the max, a 400 x 300 Standard, and an 80 x 80 thumbnail.

Awaiting feedback.....
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.