Skip to main content

Reply to "How do I list a quantity of ten items?"

I have not made myself clear. Ten DIFFERENT people will buy the ten items -- NOT one buyer who chooses to buy additional items. The system (both eBay's and Auctiva's) ought to be intelligent enough to let me post a listing and then sell down my inventory of a particular item to a number of different buyers via separate and distinct sales transactions, until all ten units of that one item are sold. Otherwise, each time I make a sale I must start my listing all over again. That would get to be a nuisance real fast. I believe I've seen eBay sellers do exactly what I am asking about, but I can't be sure. I think I've seen "Buy-In-Now" listings that indicate, for example, "25 available." Then, when a buyer purchases one of those items, the numerical count decreases to "24 available" so that the NEXT buyer will know how many units are remaining (or perhaps the seller must make that change manually -- I'm not sure exactly how the count changes). Thus, the count decreases as units continue to be sold to different buyers, until it indicates "1 available." Then, when the final unit of the initial 25 quantity is sold the listing ends (assuming that all 25 units have sold within whatever duration one has chosen for the listing). Theoretically, there could be 25 separate and distinct buyers for the 25 units (or, I suppose, 12 people buying two units each and the 13th buyer getting the last one, or any numerical combination thereof -- you get the idea). My main point is that if you have 25 units of an item (in my case, they are all exactly alike), there should be no need to have to put up 25 separate "Buy-It-Now" listings. Please tell me how to do this. As I just stated, I'm pretty sure I have seen this done on eBay. If this is not possible, then eBay is a total rip-off for sellers with a quantity of the exact same item, because of all the extra insertion fees it would generate. The final value fees due on each of the 25 units ought to be enough for them, with just the one insertion fee good for the duration of the listing.
Last edited by hometheaterguy
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.