Skip to main content

Reply to "How do I turn on Item Description word-wrap?"

I followed your suggestion to create the text in Notepad. That exercise did not control Auctiva Item description box's width.

I did not use the html suggestion.

My issue is with any text typed into the description area not wrapping, so a forced html break at the end of a line is no different that my hitting the return button in any other entry mode.

If I open a new listing window, go to Item Description box, and begin typing, *any* line just keeps rolling to the right, expanding that text box. If I want to keep my template width within a range where my auction doesn't widen, forcing viewers to scroll left and right, I have to manually hit the return button within the Item Description box. If I manually hit the return while typing, making sure to maintain the original width of the text box, my auction templates don’t widen. (and that’s a good thing)

My question is can the Item Description box be forced to word wrap, forced to maintain a set width?

I don't want the width of the text box you provide me to change. As it is set now, as a default, that width will just keep expanding as I type, and my entire auction layout widens, being driven by that text box. (and that’s bad thing)

I keep getting back to this being something within the Auctiva description box settings, regardless of what I paste, or don't paste, that box, just as it is, won't word wrap. (For me)

So, I am looking for constraints that can be applied to the Item Description box area, to keep my overall template width within a set of parameters where my viewers aren’t scrolling left to right when looking at the auction
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.