Skip to main content

Reply to "How to get Auctiva listings to not allow non-PayPal bidders?"

quote:
Originally posted by jlslife:
Forgot to put in what I wrote to support:

What has happened is this: on January 20th a person without a PayPal account bid on and won the above item. I have my EBay prefferances set to not allow non-PayPal bidders, and in the auction I created here I only had the pay with PayPal option checked. I talked with EBay tech support and they said that because I was using Auctiva to list my auctions, that there was something you needed to turn on? To only allow bidders with a PayPal account to bid. I ONLY want to accept bids from Persons with a PayPal account, so can you please do whatever is needed, or tell me what I need to do.

Also I am not showing the "Paypal Account Required" option on my listings? I do have my EBay Prefferances set to only allow bidders with a Paypal account.

Thanks, Jerry

When you click the "pay with PayPal" option you ARE NOT excluding non-PP members from bidding (maybe Auctiva doesn't understand this as well). you are simply giving the winning bidder the option OF paying by PayPal. Therein lies your problem.. and you are correct.

There hasn't been an option in Auctiva that allows you to exclude non-PP bidders. Not as far as i've ever seen. A couple of months ago when I joined Auctiva I went into the forum archives and did a search and found one guy asking the same question.

The reply given to him at the time.. led me to believe he was being misunderstood in the same way you are. So I simply forgot it.. moved on.. and have been manually revising every one of my auctions within eBay and through their revision GUI.. ever since.

I truly believe that this option in Auctiva currently doesn't exist. Even though it's been an eB auction for some time now.. I don't believe it's been noticed here.. much like the "immediate payment" one as well.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.