Skip to main content

Reply to "I am NOT a happy camper."

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
We've discussed it internally and decided not to make any changes. We may however begin adding it to the top of listings without the appended link eBay puts in.

If I were selling I'd want to insert the HTML into my template, but most sellers are indifferent, or don't know how to do it and so they leave it being appended to the bottom.

I think you know by my posts that I have been a positive cheerleader for Auctiva and believe in and hope Auctiva continues to grow upward and onward.

With this being said, when I signed up I also had no idea the gallery/showcase would be added to my listings. I found out when I looked at one of my listings. I thought to myself, WTH? I must admit, I was a tad bit ticked off because I had no indication that this would be done.

Ignorance is bliss so they say and maybe it's true in life but not in business. The showcase being added without my knowledge or consent didn't affect me either way. However, it very well could affect some sellers in a negative way.

It is only good business to either give sellers the control and or choice to add the showcase or not. At least, there should be a disclaimer stating the showcase will be added with instructions on what to do if this isn't desired.

There is no need to dig in and say to heck with it, it is what it is and it will stay this way. Better to nip it in the bud now and do the right thing. Sellers should always decide what is added to their auctions with an educated choice. Not by the default of unawareness.

Personally, I do not like the showcase at the top of my auctions. If you're planning to have the showcase auto insert at the top of the auction I will disable it and not use it altogether (please let me know if or when you plan to do this so I can turn the showcase off). I am very picky about my auction listings and I want it placed at the bottom. Period.

My business, my auctions, my choice.

I say all of this in a positive spirit of respect and goodwill.

As a final thought why not offer three check box choices? One for no showcase, one for top placement and one for bottom placement. I believe Vendio does it this way.

Something to consider.
Last edited by magienoire
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.