Skip to main content

Reply to "images on ebay do NOT show. Is there a problem with Auctiva today?"

Hi Folks,

From prior reports and those I've looked at, I'm observing the following:

1. The images are deleted, no longer hosted by Auctiva. They aren't in the deletion folder or that special image would substitute in place of the one in the folder.

2. The listings involved are (from reports and observation) auto-relist at eBay, i.e. it's a Store item et. al. that's run its listing period with images and relists via GTC at eBay (not using Auctiva's Relist feature).

3. The deletion occurs concurrent or subsequent to the time of the last relist start.

4. Use of the deletion Wizard has been denied (ruled out as cause) by some, i.e. the Wizard wouldn't know about eBay GTC relist and could be a possible cause (if used....but wasn't).

5. Since these are old images, use of the new upload feature to auto-delete shouldn't be a factor (however it's the first thing I'd check for any odd database defacto cause, as the timing certainly fits its intended use Confused).

6. THESE cases don't appear to be Amazon S3 or Internet outage situations....but it can't be ruled out for every case recently reported, e.g. I know for a fact the S3 service was having intermittent problems the weekend before last (slow or infrequently failing to load an image).

Have I missed anything?

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.