Skip to main content

Reply to "Important Announcement: Auctiva Has Been Acquired By Alibaba.com"

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa @ Handbags4Hunger.com:...My other concern is the payment system. I have read less than good experiences with the AliPay system and read that PayPal is working to get approved in it's place. I would caution my fellow store owners to do their homework before buying anything from a new supplier and make sure you aren't using Western Union off the Aliexpress platform. I'm not trying to cast doubt here but anyone can Google what I'm saying and I would hate to see my friends get taken advantage of. As it stands now the Alipay system says it offers buyer protection but I have read it is fraught with issues.

I don't want to paint with too broad a brush, so will just say do your homework. And welcome to the new owners.
AliExpress won't always be best sourcing choice for items in every single category especially since it is relatively new. But in the coming months, it will grow and expand and this will provide attractive opportunities for sourcing to many Auctiva sellers. And, as our EDU story says "Auctiva customers will have access to exclusive discounts, promotions and coupons to shop on the sourcing platform."

Regarding payments, several of our staff acting as individuals purchased items from AliExpress in the run-up to the acquisition, and none of us had any bad experiences with payments. That is a small sample to be sure, but our experience was good.
Last edited by auctivatonym
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.