Skip to main content

Reply to "Important Announcement: Auctiva Has Been Acquired By Alibaba.com"

That's all very well Tony, but Ali Express is only one part of Ali Baba. I have been trawling their site for a few years now and have had successful trading with some companies - it is certainly very useful for sourcing producs. But 2 companies ripped me off - one sent fake goods, the other disappeared with my money. (Not much, but enough!) I wrote to Ali Baba several times but they ignored my emails. There seems to be no recourse when things go wrong or any system for making a complaint. Both companies who conned me are still openly advertising on Ali Baba now.

Only the AliExpress part of the business is covered by their Alipay (escrow) system, the rest is not, and believe me, it is a bottomless pit for the unwary. Ali Baba will have to up their game considerably and find some way of regulating the suppliers who advertise on their site or I fear a lot of Auctiva users will just lose money. And if they accessed these new sources via Auctiva, who do you think they are going to complain to?

There is also the issue of counterfeit goods. Ali Baba is full of companies openly selling fake designer merchandise. Ali Baba clearly have no problem with this. I can't see eBay liking it when their site is flooded with even more fakes than it is already.

I'm also not convinced they won't merge Auctiva with Vendio - it makes no sense not to...

If Auctiva falls into the same management style as Ali Baba, heaven help us all. As far as I can see they are interested in one thing only - making as much money as possible. They care about the people who use their site even less than eBay and Paypal do. (And that's saying something.)

This is a very bad day for Auctiva users.

Frown

Jane
Silk Dreams Lingerie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.