Skip to main content

Reply to "Important Announcement: Auctiva Has Been Acquired By Alibaba.com"

Tony,

My phone was ringing early this morning from customers with the news of the buy-out. From their perspectives there was concern over whether or not the new ownership would cause our prices to go up (even though we were promised that it would not.) And yes it is a lot of work to open another store and work with putting in products and SEO issues.

Know that despite the FAQs and the email from Auctiva about the change there is a great deal more unrest from your users that what I have seen posted here today.

I have had great confidence in Auctiva to move forward towards bringing us a good product in Auctiva Commerce. I want to believe that I still can hold on to that belief as it has been a long ride since last January.

Having worked in the corporate world I have seen buy outs where the companies were allowed to remain autonomous. On other occasions they were blood baths.

Perhaps the buy out provides you with a new source of capital. I hope that you use it to more quickly and efficiently get our updates to us. AucCom 2.4.0 when fixed and released will provide great things. But there is still a lot more work to do.

And then there is the whole China thing. I am not even going to go there.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.