Skip to main content

Reply to "Important Announcement: Auctiva Has Been Acquired By Alibaba.com"

Good God people! Get a grip!
Just because Auctiva was sold doesn't mean that we're all going to have to start speaking Chinese or using chopsticks to eat! From what I've read, it also doesn't mean that we'll be forced to buy products from alibaba's site!

Fact: Chinese-made products already flood the marketplace in the US, not only on ebay, but amazon.com, overstock.com, bonanzle, the shelves of your local department store, etc. So this purchase isn't going to suddenly release a tidal wave of Made in China products, now will it? Open your eyes: it already exists.

To me, this feels like a small part of something much, much bigger in the future. It's comforting to know that the biggest and most successful ecommerce company in the world has taken the helm. They obviously know how to take a small company and turn it into something HUGE. Why is that a bad thing?

Frankly, I'm tired of ebay taking my profits (aren't we ALL?), and if this helps me get off their site entirely and have my own successful business, then bring it on!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.