Skip to main content

Reply to "Improvements Needed!!!!"

biscuit,

quote:
Their coverage rules are more generous than USPS, as well.

Thats sweet. :-)

I'm mulling over my situation too. Its still upsetting me that my auction was disrupted.

I am going to insert into my auctions a statement something like...

If you are the winning bidder, login to Ebay for your invoice and payment instructions. Thank you.

I would also add, "newbie buyers beware, your going to be spoofed too", but then I would scare the poor souls. As things are, we have a systematic problem and my personal instruction, alone, won't do much to stop spoofs from interfering with my sales or anybody else's.

Thats why I am motivated to discourage the practice of emailing sensitive information. Its both unnecessary and counterproductive. If buyers expect such information to be sent via email, they are more likely to fall victim, if they expect not to receive such information via emails then they will be far less likely to get taken in when they receive emailed "information" about the items purchased. Furthermore, their expectations are governed by Ebay policies, thus to severely curb further interference with our important sales, the sale notification system should be revamped. For instance, GEIGO notifies me when I have a bill due, it does not tell me that its x amount and they are wonderful and to call such and such. They simply notify, and thats it. Our sales pitches "trust me" belong in messages from secured sites, not within unsecured emails. But, its going to prodding, backbone and business sense to persuade Ebay to invoke adequate policy change(s) on this matter.

Keeper, alias Eric, alias Keeper, alias Eric.. :-)
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.