Skip to main content

Reply to "Insert My Custom Background In Description On Lister Page?"

This was my first time to use Auctiva.

Much the same as Auctiva Brent instructed I placed my own background tag into the description page of the lister. To stay within HTML convention the only work around that I saw was to place the entire description page under a [Table tag] then place the background tag as first item in the table.
In Auctiva Lister page I completely bypassed the selection of any templates and sent to ebay. A sample at ebay is listed below for viewing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageNam...984.cUNSOLD.m316.lVI

As far as future use the whole thing is saved as a Master Profile.

The HTML conventional way to add background is to place the Background tag directly after the Header tags of the web page.
Seeing that neither Ebay and or Auctiva allow access to editing the Head of any HTML. We can’t do that.

Like others here I’m still trying to get my head around exactly what custom templates actually allows or creates or does. My major design effort is to keep the page as graphically simple and to the point as possible. You can see by my Ebay listing I did not get that this time out. LOL I wish I could assign a background to the entire EBAY page.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.