Hi barelyused & recyclebabe2,
Thanks for contributing to our forum. The cost tracking functionality available through our site is part of our Inventory feature so you would need to enter your items into the Inventory section within your Auctiva account to utilize that option, even if you are only selling one of a kind items.
If are interested in trying this out, you will first need to enable the Inventory feature within your account by mousing over the “My Account” tab within your account, clicking the “Inventory” link under “Settings”, checking the box next to “Inventory Management” and the radio button next to “Track Inventory Costs”, then clicking the “Update Inventory Preferences” button on the ensuing page.
Once you have enabled this feature, you will then want to add each of your items into Inventory
by mousing over the “Sales” tab and selecting the “Add Item” option. During this process, you will be asked to enter how many of the item and how much you paid for each unit.
Then, when you are creating each listing, you will need to check the box next to “Is this an inventory item?” under the description editor and associate the listing with the appropriate inventory item to make sure the profits or losses for the item are tracked.
Of course, this does add the extra step of creating an Inventory item for each listing you create but it should work for the purpose you described so I recommend giving it a shot to see if you feel that it is worth the additional effort.
The most difficult task for most users who are switching to Auctiva from another third party listing service is changing all the images in their active listings that are hosted by the other third party to Auctiva hosted copies of the same images to make sure no images in active listings are lost as a result of the transition.
If you currently have active listings with images in them that are being hosted by another service and you would like to change your listings in this manner, you would basically have to recreate each listing using Auctiva's design tools (including uploading new copies of the images into Auctiva) and then use the eBay “Revise your Item” form to apply each new design via the following process:
1) Recreate the listing in Auctiva and click "Save". Since you will only be revising the item description, it is only necessary to fill out the “Item Details” section of the lister page.
2) Once you have finished, click the "Save" button.
3) Return to your Saved Listings page and click the <HTML> icon next to the listing.
4) Highlight and copy the HTML that appears in the pop-up window.
5) Visit the item on eBay and click the “Revise your item” link.
6) Scroll down about 1/3 the page to the “Description” section and click the "HTML" tab on the editor.
7) Delete the HTML that is already there, paste the copied HTML in its place, and save your changes.
I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your accounts, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.