Skip to main content

Reply to "Is Auctiva really safe or what? Please tell us!!!!"

At this point its obvious Auctiva is operating just like every other small-shop software asp that does something stupid, gets into trouble, and then the whole flimsy slipshod nature of their business acumen, technical capability, and exposure to disaster becomes obvious.

They were compromised by Chinese malware and didn't even know it. They said it was fixed and advised users to disable security when it wasn't. They still (and will never) disclose exactly what the issues and virii are, and the sequence of events that led to this disaster, and the procedural changes that prevent that ever happening again. That's what real companies with paying customers HAVE to do.

This episode changes the trajectory of Auctiva. as a company. I'll still use it because its froo, but I would never pay 10 cents to use it, nor would I invest 10 cents in this management team or application. Any opportunity to develop a revenue-based business model or further capitalize the company is now probably lost. The business now can only grow by being sold, and of course it is now worth a lot less than it was last week.

Its sad, really, and I've seen this happen many, many times. This is a self-inflicted injury, and in this economic and investment environment, its a mortal wound, I believe.

Good luck, Auctiva...
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.