Skip to main content

Reply to ""Is eBay Still the World's Best Business Incubator?""

HI everyone.I thought I would reply to the article as it is a little bit misleading in some aspects.I have been on Ebay now for 5 years.I have built up my store and my product range and was doing very nicely part time,In excess of £1000 per month. Then Ebay decided to start changing things around and our sales have dropped off to under £250 per month.Ebay has been very heavy handed over several things i.e the digital download rules. Now I agrea with this rule 101%.What I dont agrea with Ebay about is the fact that my statement saying THIS IS NOT A DOWNLOAD PRODUCT got 7 of my listings kicked off just because it contains the word download. I contacted Ebay via email and telephone but not 1 of Ebays customer care staff would tell me why they had been kicked off. I ended up writing to the C.E.O of Ebay.Suprise Suprise I got a phone call telling me why they had done this. (i wonder why). But even the CEO of Ebay Meg Wichman could be bothered to even reply to me by email. This goes to prove what Ebay thinks about it's customers. I have started Multi site listing on 4 other Auction sites and unless Ebay starts to treat there CUSTOMERS with a little respect then we will be taking our business off the site. I have spoken to numerous other Ebay business sellers and they all say the same.
So it's nice that someone writes these type of articles BUT HEY WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY. The TRUTH about what it's realy like to be a business seller on Ebay.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.