Skip to main content

Reply to ""Is eBay Still the World's Best Business Incubator?""

I know a lot of sellers who have been forced back into the workaday world and have left eBay for good. The fee increases are bad enough, but are an expected part of business. But the new policies of No Negs for Buyers, DSRs, Best Match, and many others are blatant avenues to drive those "flea market" sellers out of business. They have no choice but to leave eBay.

eBay has a clear agenda. They do have the right to conduct business in whatever manner they choose. But your article (just like so many others I've read) are CLEARLY based on nothing but the news spin eBay has been spewing since January. Clearly NOT well researched. There are boycotters - ones who are permanent - around the world. Look on the boards in the US, UK, Australia, Germany ... People are fed up. Many never bothered to "boycott" - they simply packed up and left. And what eBay (and the media) do not seem to understand is that those sellers are taking a vast majority of their buyers with them. AND those same sellers are also buyers. Or at least they were.

Please dig into the subject a little better when you report on eBay's recent problems. Yes, they will continue, I have no doubt. But they will never again be what they once were, which was a fun, eclectic place to shop. They are now nothing more than a strip mall. All the same wares for sale, just as boring as my local strip malls, and no bargains to be had.

Debbie
Former eBay seller/buyer "Justacrazymom"
Fair Shake Buyers & Sellers Network for Online Marketing
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.