Skip to main content

Reply to ""Is eBay Still the World's Best Business Incubator?""

I have to agree with majority of the people's response on this forum. This article does not speak the full truth, and how much did Ebay pay you to write this article???

I've been selling on ebay for over 5 years and have been a powerseller for 2 years. Ebay use to be fun before all the changes with the rules and fees. Last time I remembered inflation is only 3% but their raise in fees more than doubled that. The most ridiculous change is sellers can't give buyer negative feedbacks??? How about the deadbeat sellers that never pay for what they bid on? If you give them a negative it does all the sellers a favor, telling them not sell to that individual. Without that information now you can not block deadbeat none paying sellers that just bid for fun.

Note to Ebay, if they really care to listen, which is unlikely. How about let small sellers develop their business freely so they can turn in to big sellers, instead of squeezing every dollar out of them right now and kill their business, just so Ebay can make wall street earnings for the next quarter. WOW, isn't that an idea...!!!

With the way fees are going Ebay is just going to turn in to an online mall where you can hardly find bargains. Just like what JustaCrazyMom says.

Might as well just use Google to search for websites that sell the item you are looking for, probably cheaper than Ebay too. I already found many deals through Google that link to websites that have products I am looking for, for much cheaper than the ones on Ebay.

The only thing going for Ebay is their well known name which brings them the customers. It is only time before another competition pops up and start stumping on Ebay's business, I sure hope that happens soon. In Asia Ebay is losing money in almost all of their operations, people their use Yahoo and other auctions which are more user friendly. The fees on those auction sites are not business destroyers like ebay's ridiculously high fees and paypal fees.

Well, that's my view toward all of this Ebay fiasco.

If anybody knows other sites where I can sell my items please let me know. I really like to get off Ebay, thanks. I am one of the boycotters.

J-
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.