Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it ok to Beg people to buy an item, just for FeedBack???"

Hi winkel - My feeling is that, when you are starting out with not much feedback, you'll be fine as long as you maintain your positives. As long as you have 100% (or close) people will be likely to buy from you, particularly less expensive items. I don't ask for feedback if it has not been voluntarily given, not only does it seem tacky and unprofessional, but may result in a negative response (you don't know for sure what that customer is thinking). Just let it go, the feedback will come. Don't expect it from every buyer, or seller. And definitely don't beg!

PS _ Even though I don't pester a buyer (or seller) for feedback, I do however try to encourage it by leaving a note on my packing slips that reads:

on feedback. (big blue font here to match the blue on paypals packing slip)

If your item has arrived safely and you are happy with it, please consider leaving positive feedback to let me know and I will gladly do the same for you.

If there is a problem with your order, please email me before you leave any neutral or negative feedback and I will do my best to correct it.

thanks again.(somewhat smaller blue font here, followed by handwritten first name signature for that "personal" touch)

I print the packing slip first, and then print the note from Word onto it, positioned on the bottom half of the page. I prefer this method rather than discussing feedback on my listing as some sellers do. At first I tried that and it didn't seem to set a very good professional tone, and cluttered up the listing with too much to read. Smile
Last edited by ninthwave
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.