Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it ok to Beg people to buy an item, just for FeedBack???"

In all of the advice I've read in establishing a feedback rating...the best way to do this is to obtain feedback ratings as a BUYER.

People give advice to BUY those ebooks because they are inexpensive, and can quickly build your feedback numbers. (I think you might have reversed this advice.) My opinion is...there are lots of other inexpensive items to purchase on eBay, that you might actually get some use out of. A used handbag or clothing, batteries, shipping materials, or HOW-TO books on eBay, which are invaluable to any new seller.

There are items that you would be buying anyway, so you may as well buy them on eBay, to get your feedback numbers up.

I too am looking to become a seller, and am in the process of educating myself before I make that launch. I purchased a library of books at Half.com. And I can attest, some reading can go far, in preventing costly mistakes.

My mentor had commented that I had enough inventory, and asked why I didn't just go ahead and start posting my listings. I told her, I wasn't ready yet. And in my reading, I learned that this was instinctually wise. You can avoid many errors by spending time as a buyer, and also learning from those who have gone before you, and taken the time to author books to share their knowledge and experience. It takes effort and time to engage in such study, but I do believe, these efforts will pay off in the long run, by avoiding being "too green" to be successful as a seller.

As to the comment about begging for feedback being unprofessional, I can attest to this, by a comment I heard from an eBay outsider, who had only once made an eBay purchase. She said the seller had hounded her about leaving him feedback, and she thought this MOST peculiar. And admittedly, it is...if you are unfamiliar with the eBay concept. She gave the seller money for his item, and was offended that he treated her like she had done something "wrong" by failing to leave him feedback. A Big NO NO in customer service.

And Daddyo, I can absolutely relate to the idea that sometimes items are just TOO cheap. I've recently began listing books on Half.com, and was most disheartened to learn that many books were listed for as little as .75 cents. Hardly worth the effort to list it. (At least there are no listing fees at Half.com, and your inventory can stay listed forever.) Just because that is the "going rate" does not mean I am willing to part with the item for that price. It's been said before...We are in business, and if there is no profit margin, then we are not smart business people. (I gotta say...I love Half.com as a BUYER though.)

LDCdesigns
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.