Skip to main content

Reply to "Is there any way to remove something in the template that I don't want?"

Hi MrsJimmyB,

Thanks for the clarification. I believe the easiest way to remove the entire template from an active listing you have posted through Auctiva involves going straight to the eBay "Revise your Item" form for the item and making the change directly through their description editor.

In order to revise your listing in this manner, you will first want to highlight everything within the Standard version of the description editor that you would like to keep (perhaps your description text and images) and then copy it. You would then want to switch over to the HTML version of the editor and delete all the existing HTML.

After that, you would then switch back to the Standard version of the editor and paste back in the content you copied. As a result, the template that was in place should no longer be present in the listing.

Alternatively, you could edit the saved listings from which these items were posted within your Auctiva account to no longer include the templates and then apply those changes to the active listings using eBay's “Revise your Item” form. If you would like to use that approach, you should just need to revise each item via the following process:

1) Locate your listing in your Saved Listings folder, make any necessary changes (remove template), and save.
2) Click the "<HTML> icon to the right of the item on your "Saved Listings" page
3) Select All and copy the html in the popup window.
4) Locate the item on eBay and click the "Revise Item" button.
5) Scroll down to the "Description" section and then click the "HTML" tab above the description editor.
6) Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, and save your changes.

I hope this clears things up!

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.