Skip to main content

Reply to "Is this really worth the hassle?"

Hi everyone, well, I have to jump in this pool and put my 2 cents in as usual(lol) I cant help it!.
OK, first off, I have used most of the other listing programs out there and in my opinion they cant hold a candle to Auctiva in ease of use or support. I just want people to realize that alot of the problems you may experience using auctiva..are not on auctiva's end..some yes..but most not!

Most of the problems are with your computer and the programs you may have running in the back ground, etc. Pop up blockers, tool bars, and on and on and on..these are the things preventing you from having functionality. Thats why some of us dont have hardly any problems at all and some have tons.. I personally keep my comp clean and functional..no programs that cause known problems, if I can help it anyway.

I have problems sometimes with things on here. But I find the solution and 95% of the time its me or something on my computer hindering it from working properly...not auctiva. Auctiva's editor isnt some piece of crap editor like ebays where my 5 yr old child could make a listing with no features. This editor here is excellent and has awsome features and you have to learn to use it. Just like you do any program period. It takes time! I will agree that auctiva needs to get more space for the traffic they recieve on a daily basis hence pages not loading or pics sometimes..and Im sure they will eventually.

Then you just plain have people that are technically challenged...not busting on them...most people are not technically literate. I have about as much HTML knowledge as my dog for example..lol. Im just saying that its not their fault if they arent technical and some things are going to be technical and have to be learned before they can be used properly. Trial and error and asking questions is always the best way to learn.

Im no expert by any means about any aspects of auctiva's system...but I dont have many problems and I know its because:

1. I keep my computer clean and functional.
2. No pop up blockers turned on while using auctiva and no toolbars or other adware,spyware.
3. No programs running in the background(except maybe my media player, gotta have tunes while your making listings..lol).
4. I shrink all my pics file sizes before I upload them. This one small action will save you tons of headaches and mega tons of time.
5. I make sure I have a good connection to the net. My service provider has a speed checker on their home page as most providers do.
6. I dont try to go beyond my capabilities of understanding in what im doing when making my listings.

I also dont think these forums are loaded with any more problems from users than any other forum boards ive ever been on...there are always going to be some people having problems...either technical issues or their lack of technical understanding of a particular part of a program. We all have them and we all fall short to understand something sometimes.

I wish you all much success! and lots of $$$ on your auctions and sales, William Wink
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.