Skip to main content

Reply to "Is this really worth the hassle?"

That's cool texan. The comments weren't directed towards you. Sometimes I get a little overzealous with my comments. My apologies.

I agree that Auctiva has the potential to be a great system. I just hope that once they get all of the bugs worked out they don't decide to go for the big profits and start charging fees.

As for moving to another service, it's clear that the features here can't be beat for the price. And while many of the problems are simply annoying, they really should be addressed as big problems for those who rely on the site for business.

I know there are always improvements coming down the line and for the most part they are for the better. But I've said it before here that they, meaning Auctiva, should really test out their new features more thoroughly on an isolated system before making those features live. Maybe they attempt to do this but it always seems as though when a new set of features rolls out there are big problems popping up all of a sudden.

The way I see it, if the site can give me the majority of what I need I can work around the rest. Just as you did with writing your listings backwards. I would recommend you try writing them in Word or another word processor and copy it into the Auctiva editor. This has been working really well for me so long as I don't do a preview from within the editor and I don't use bullets in the listing. For some reason the bullets made some of my text convert to Russian (go figure) and the bullets showed up as HTML tags in the text. Just another glitch.

Anyway, I know that most of us like the system, even with it's flaws. We can only expect so much for free, right? So for those of us who can, we will adapt. Otherwise you move on. But it will cost!

Rob
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.