Skip to main content

Reply to "Is this really worth the hassle?"

To me...Yes, because I experience very little hassle. Every third party service experiences problems now and then.

Pop up blockers are a big problem! Especially if you're running McAfee or Norton. <blech> And sometimes a members firewall options has been known to block access at the time you're mentioning also.

You wouldn't by chance have eBay tool bar going would you? That's nothing but spyware and has all sorts of items that will block one from using Auctiva.

I personally have NO problems with the lister. But that doesn't negate the fact that you are for some reason. I'm sorry you're experiencing them. If I could I would see what's running on your computer as versus mine..and that would help us to figure out what's blocking you from using Auctiva to it's fullest.

I've been here a year and am pleased as peaches. I was with the formerly mentioned service that was mentioned above...I paid to use for 3 years. Zip, Zero Customer Service, No upgrades and more. <blech> I've been with services that charge more. Those services worked as well as this one so why pay for the same thing I can get here for free.

I've also used Turbo Lister. <blech> Not worth my time as far as I'm concerned.

If you do a search on eBay for Auctiva to see how many auctions are running..There are many. If the masses ( 31047 items found for Auctiva) were receiving the same problems, I feel the boards would be much more full of questions/complaints than they are. Correct?

No service is free of problems. Paid or free.

And as far as using Auctiva and using the word free and hassle?

Your insinuation (my interpretation) that free is subpar is in my opinion is baseless.

I use all free items. OpenOffice, sygate, AVG, Spyblaster, Spybot Search and Destory, Easy Cleaner and so very many more. I don't have problems with any of them. These are quality products that I'd put up against any paid for software.

When I did use a paid virus checker McAfee ages ago, it was constantly in disarray due to the upgrades that didn't work smoothly. I would receive viruses here and there.

But with the free ones that I use now, my computer(s) have remained virus, trojan free for well over 3 years.

As the admin and moderator of other forums, I will tell you that there's nothing you can do bout the title NEWBIE until the amount of posts change your status.

It's programmed in by the admins by the number of postings. Yes, even Auctiva Cara has to make a certain amount of postings before her "newbie" status is released to the next level.

It's also a heads up to we who do answer questions on the boards as to a members status and where we might refer them..such as stickies and such.

And West, don't use the Microsoft Word tip...here's why.

I don't even boot up Word..haven't for ages.

One reason is that using Microsoft Word has been found not to convert well into some WYSIWYG editors. It will add characters or convert to another language. This can be found on a Google search as a solution.

If I'd known you were experiencing this William, I'd have helped you out.

I go straight to Open Office and wouldn't consider using anything else.

My best and much continued success,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.