Skip to main content

Reply to "Is this really worth the hassle?"

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
And West, don't use the Microsoft Word tip...here's why.

I don't even boot up Word..haven't for ages.

One reason is that using Microsoft Word has been found not to convert well into some WYSIWYG editors. It will add characters or convert to another language. This can be found on a Google search as a solution.

If I'd known you were experiencing this William, I'd have helped you out.

I go straight to Open Office and wouldn't consider using anything else.

My best and much continued success,
Donna

LOL...The problems Ive had with the editor have been trivial and not worth posting about..thats why I didnt say anything..I dont list as much as you guys do so its no biggie for me. Ive always had a problem with the centering and stuff even before the upgrade...I think the centered text or photo somehow gets attached to the previous format, be it left, right, etc. then when you center something..for some reason when you preview it, it will format to the previous format instead of reading centered...its weird I know...I just work around it.

Ive yet to use an editor worth its weight that didnt have something buggy in it...so Im used to it. Sometimes I will just do the entire listing in left format and then go back and align everything the way I want it and it straightens right out. The listings I have up right now, I tried to use a table for information and believe me I had a whole lot of fun trying to do that, since I never have..lol. The ads are a little sloppy but they will pass..lmao.

I use all free tools also by the way and they work better than the big boys. I also put them on my customers machines and I tell them to save the 60 - 70 bucks and dont buy all that expensive garbage. All my customers have been just tickled pink with the free software. I donate to Spyware Blaster every year because their free product is one of the best things out there for keeping your comp free of spyware and adware. For anyone reading this post...you can get all these wonderful free tools here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/

Enjoy! William
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.