Skip to main content

Reply to "Is this really worth the hassle?"

Wow! I feel like I opened up a big can of worms here - LOL.

I appreciate all of the input from everyone. It's great to see so many ideas thrown out there. Obviously what works for one person may not work for another and how we all deal with the problems is truly unique. In the end we all figure out ways to get things done here to our liking. And that is what is most important.

I will take the suggestions of the freeware options and investigate them. Coming from corporate and military environments, where freeware is scorned, I don't usually go that route due to security issues and the like. But I do know there are alterantives out there and I will definitley look into them.

To comment on my free versus pay views, I in no way feel that free, as in Auctiva, means subpar. I do, however, feel that the urgency to investigate and correct problems is not a top priority when there is no direct financial impact on the line. I feel that were Auctiva a pay service and they had garnered a lot of complaints they would have a greater presence here in the message boards and they would address the issues presented here rapidly. Don't get me wrong, Activa support isn't bad, by comparison. They have addressed my issues when I write them and have, at times, presented viable options to correct problems. I don't fault support. But the developers should be aware of how the community views the software and how they feel it is performing. That is how they can address the issues we all present here.

In a nutshell, I personally will stick it out and do what I need to do to make my listings work. If it means switching to the freeware options, then so be it. Whatever it takes to keep business going and make money. And I think we can all agree on that.

Thank you William for the link to the freeware. I will be checking it out immediately.

Take care everyone.
Rob
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.