Skip to main content

Reply to "Item Descriptions Disappearing!!!"

since you already posted some of my auctions on a discussion forum, may I direct you to 3 you missed: Antique/Vintage ART DECO HANDKERCHIEF HOLDER Hanky Case, VINTAGE ROMANIAN CHRISTMAS TREE TOP Topper Ornament, WEST GERMANY Vintage CHRISTMAS TREE TOP Ornament topper.
The ones you noted were in fact created before Auctiva's system changes.
I asked someone who's a little familiar with JS to have a look, and he advised that the listing page started out written OK, but now some of the Java hooks? are screwed up. In any case the page isn't W3C compliant, which is why I had to (always) switch to user mode in Opera I suppose. He pointed out that cached stuff or virii aren't an issue, since he got exactly the same result and is anal about keeping his PCs swept, and never used Auctiva before. If you can resolve the problem, that's great since I like the site & features (except a lack of IP logging), but I'm already shopping for a new one because all this speculation and on-the-fly system tweaking isn't getting my listings up..
To recap, the exact problem is that the create / edit listings page doesn't save the "item description" text.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.