Skip to main content

Reply to "java issues and vulnerabilities"

Hi lookandbuyme,

I am not aware of any technical issues on our side that would explain why it takes you so much longer to move between pages within Auctiva when using Internet Explorer as when using Firefox. Although I cannot be certain what may be causing that behavior, I suspect you may have some add-ons or settings in use that are conflicting with our software.

Assuming you have already cleared your cache and restored your Advanced Settings as I suggested to pattycyn toward the beginning of this thread, you may want to try using the Reset option within your Internet Explorer via the following process to see if that helps:

1) Select “Internet options” from the “Settings” (gear icon) menu
2) Click the “Advanced” tab
3) Click the “Reset” button
4) Click the next “Reset” button when prompted
5) Close and reopen your Internet Explorer browser

If you are prompted to re-enable any browser add-ons after doing so, I recommend declining to enable the ones that are not necessary for Auctiva in case one of those is contributing to the slowness you have been experiencing.

The only add-ons that are necessary when using Auctiva through Internet Explorer are the Auctiva Image Uploader Control and the Shockwave Flash Object, which are used for the Auctiva Uploader and scrolling gallery respectively.

If you would prefer not to use the Reset option because you have data or settings enabled within Internet Explorer that you do not wish to reset, you could also go into the “Manage Add-ons” section within the browser and manually disable any add-ons which are not used by Auctiva to see if that leads to any improvement.

If you need any further assistance with this, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option and we will be happy to continue troubleshooting with you.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.