Skip to main content

Reply to "Keeps freezing and locking while trying to upload images"

Hi Community,

I'm sorry to hear that some of your are still having a difficult time uploading images.

The issue of the Auctiva Uploader quickly showing the green “Upload Complete” message while not actually uploading the selected images in Firefox and Chrome cropped up yesterday after the latest Java update (version 7 update 51), but we made an adjustment yesterday afternoon intended to correct that issue so I am surprised this is still occurring.

If you are experiencing this behavior and have not yet updated to the latest version of Java, I recommend doing so to see if that clears things up. You can confirm whether you are using the latest version of Java (and update if appropriate) from the following page: https://www.java.com/verify/‎

If you are already using the latest version of Java, or if you continue to encounter the same behavior after updating, please let me know. In that case, I believe you will be able to work around the issue by updating your Java security settings in the following manner:

Windows:

1) Open the Windows “Start” menu and select “All Programs”
2) Click the “Java” folder and then select “Configure Java”
3) Click the “Security” tab
4) Use the slider to set the “Security Level” to “Medium”
5) Click the “Apply” button, followed by “OK”
6) Close and reopen your browser to ensure the new settings take effect

Mac:

1) Select “System Preferences” from the “Apple” menu
2) Click “Java” in the “Other” section on the ensuing page
3) Click the “Security” tab
4) Use the slider to set the “Security Level” to “Medium”
5) Click the “Apply” button, followed by “OK”
6) Close and reopen your browser to ensure the new settings take effect

On the other hand, some users are also reporting that error messages which say “Some server-side error occurred. If you see this message contact your Web master.” are being generated during the upload process and, although we are not quite sure what is causing those, our technical team is looking into what we may be able to prevent those from continuing to occur.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.