Skip to main content

Reply to "Lengthy Unexplained Site Outage Unacceptable - Refund?"

quote:
Originally posted by vintageshavingshoppe:
There is no excuse for taking this number of hours to inform the customers that your site is down...as well as keeping us in the dark as to the nature of the problem. I ran a help desk for years and I would never consider keeping my users in the dark. Given the number of auctions that this outage will affect, I fully expect Auctiva, at minimum, to refund the entire month's charges to each affected client. What do the rest of you think?

The weekends are my busiest times.... I have no idea who has purchased 'what' and people are turning up to buy items in person and I could well be in trouble when Auctiva goes back on-line and I discover that some purchases may now be out of stock.... An hour or two off-line is acceptable, but this has been over 13 hours minimum and I am panicking now... I really could be losing a lot of customers, as no one can get into my website and there are plenty of competitors. The worse thing is, there seems to be no one telling us anything which I would have thought would be a priority from the boys and girls at Auctiva... Looks like I will have lost a lot of business for this last weekend of the month now..... I am worried that this is a big problem and may go on much longer.

Jason
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.