Skip to main content

Reply to "Lengthy Unexplained Site Outage Unacceptable - Refund?"

Obviously Auctiva post was directed at me (except for the links facebook, personal webpages,etc., I would have no way of knowing that information about any employee, nor honestly would I want to know that. . called TMI). I do not have auctiva on my friends page because I reserve that for my personal friends/family and I do not mix business with pleasure. I do not think we should have to EVER use facebook or twitter as a means of getting any information about auctiva issues. Not everyone wants/has a facebook/twitter account. I frankly have not seen posts to employees pages, websites, etc., on forums. I do find it hard to believe that in light of ALL of the PROBLEMS this week-end that actually posts are being patrolled. I think I would be reading them to find out WHAT AUCTIVA CAN DO DIFFERNT next time. But if it is offensive to anyone, please feel free to remove it.

To be honest I thought corporate America was/is a little more thick skinned out there. If someone had written that about something I said, I would have said something about my crazy brain again, learned from it and kept on trucking. I also find it hard to believe Auctiva read each post and singled several out out of the MANY, MANY posts they received. Is this note all that was taken away from the forums that day? If so that is pretty pathetic (in my opinion).

I find it hard to believe that you think we would not be livid.

I feel this is just another method of diverting questions. WHY was there a lack of communication? What is going to be done in the future regarding communication? So that this does not happen again. YES, there will be other site crashes outages or whatever, but we need to know what to expect when it happens again.

I could go on and on, but for some reason I think auctiva personnel just do not get it, that 95% of the issue here was NO communication for hours. We had no crystal ball to KNOW if you already knew about this or not. The forums were up and running so seems a post could have been put on there via phone, wireless internet something. (at some point was put on so guess same method could have been used earlier??) Was the thought that we may not notice there was a problem?

Sorry to be rambling, but believe me I would like to say LOTS more but would not want to hurt anyone's feelings. Just would like to know answers to communication issues, future plans as far as the outage being dealt with in hopes this particular things does not happen again, would also like to know if this was same as other outages such as one in 2009 and /or others in the past.

Auctiva is there a plan to notify us of future outages? What is that plan? Or if working on will we be kept posted? Obviously the forums were up and running but that fell through.

I do not think I have overlooked posts on plans to prevent future outages as well as future communication but If I have please someone let me know.

To this day, there is still a lack of communication! Or is it if we don't tell them they will not know? I have friends who list who had failed listings that have not been notified there was a problem??? I have one friend who planned her vacation so her return would be day after her listings ended. . well. . they were not listed so she could have extended that. Everyone who lists should have received a mass mailing so they are not shocked when their listings do not end when they expect. Oh, wait they will find that their listings never even posted and wonder why??? Remember not every member visits the forums to get announcements.

Auctiva, we have your apologies, we just need to know that something is being done in these areas to "fix" things so we do not go into the total panic mode again. (these forums lit up like a Christmas Tree within minutes of this happening). For all we knew all of our data went also. Is there a back up plan for our data??? Hate to sound ignorant, but I am not a techie person.

Vintageshavingshoppe, thanks for your comments too. You are right, MORE advertisements selling things.

Vickie
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.