Skip to main content

Reply to "Lengthy Unexplained Site Outage Unacceptable - Refund?"

This is all out of proportion.

Auctiva crashed a Saturday evening PST, and was up and running again on Sunday. All computer service providers can experience a crash outage, and need to decide what to do if it happens. If we were talking for example about a bank, I would expect (and would be willing to pay for) an almost instant response. But Auctiva is an eBay listing tool, and I don't see the relevance in keeping staff ready on weekend evenings to provide a fast response for the unlikely event that the system should crash. And I'm certainly not willing to pay for this service - if Auctiva is not up and running on a Saturday evening PST, OK, that's life, I'll find something else to do, and come back on Sunday.

I thought Auctiva was out with information on the forum in a timely fashion - it was after all a Saturday evening. I took note, and as described above found something else to do.

And I know that the customer is always right, but when a customer in a moment of stress attacks an Auctiva employee in the way that happened, I must admit I rather respect Auctiva Tony for his reaction. And I don't think that it is any of my business knowing what went wrong that Saturday night, perhaps it was Auctiva's fault, perhaps it was some other company's fault - the guilty party is upset enough without having the mistake spread all over a public forum.

I have always thought and still think that Auctiva is an excellent product, well worth my monthly fee. And I have never experienced other than fantastic support from them, both on the forum and via direct contact. I submitted a problem at midnight last night PST, and unbelievably it was solved by them immediately, which I found rather impressive.

Patrick
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.