Skip to main content

Reply to "Lengthy Unexplained Site Outage Unacceptable - Refund?"

Patrick, Let's face it. IF you were not listing at the time, you would NOT care. I had friends who still would NOT know their listings failed if I had not told them. Why would they not know you ask? They do not forum for obvious reasons. They did not get notification via email that their items did not post AND they did not log in and find an announcement.

Most of this for me at this point is about COMMUNICATION! (or lack of) and Lack of a back up plan if/when this happens again and it will (hopefully not during holidays) As at some point everyone has issues.

As far as customer being right? That went away about 20 years ago. I am sure it is not popular for us to tell it like it is. I do not think anyone had a "moment of stress". It was MANY HOURS of NOT knowing where our listing were, if auctiva closed up shop with most of our information locked in the doors.

quote:
And I know that the customer is always right, but when a customer in a moment of stress attacks an Auctiva employee in the way that happened . . . . .

Patrick what happened during the "attack" you mentioned above?

As far as I an concerned Auctiva personnel need to toughen up and get in the real world. I worked in construction industry in office for years (starting at the age of 16) and had all inappropriate comments made to me DAILY!! If my boss had come to my defense I would have crawled under a rock. I felt I was a TOUGH COOKIE and could take the heat. That is part of big-boy world. In my case big-girl world.

quote:
And I don't think that it is any of my business knowing what went wrong that Saturday night, perhaps it was Auctiva's fault, perhaps it was some other company's fault -

Patrick, I honestly do not care whose fault it is at this point, (it is similar to the war between ebay and auctiva each think issues are the others fault). However, I do have to fundamentally disagree about it being our business. Because it "IS" our business, our businesses depend on this and this just like the bank is a service we pay for, which does make it our business. When this service was free I could 100% buy the it's none of your business quite a bit more than once you pay. When a company accepts money for a service, then they owe their customers. When my power which is a service goes out, my power company usually calls with automated message about sorry the power is out, etc., It is called courtesy to their loyal customers. Strange part of my power company is they are the only game in town, so we have no choice but to use them. . but they still recognize us as loyal customers.

I just want to know that steps are being taken to COMMUNICATE with us (week-end or not that was inexcusable). I guarantee you that I answer my customers on weekends! If my internet is out, I will go to neighbors, or library. Communication is mandatory for me to have success in my store.

Now months later, we still have not been told where to go get information in event of another outage??? It to me is like a fire drill, we need to know where to meet to get information.

I do think is worth what I pay. HOWEVER, I also feel that ebay is the lost step-child and that the forums have withered on the vine lately. (not today, I notice there are numerous posts today) I would just be willing to pay a little more to get updates that ebay offers. A lot of those are ignored totally.

I do think some of the frustration is due to how many items you list. The more you list the larger the problem. Recreational sellers, then no big deal to wait until Monday or whenever. Most of us are active sellers with quite a few items and run businesses.

I notice you do not post your store, so hard to gauge if you are recreational or business.

But for business people this was a big deal and sorry if it had no impact on your business.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.