Skip to main content

Reply to "Limited listing"

I went through the same thing with being limited on my selling capabilities when I first started with Ebay. I purchased some BabyGap items from BabyGap on sale and decided to sell them on Ebay.
I ended up giving the items as gifts because try as I did (via communications and requesting that Ebay look at my solid feedbacks) they would not lift the limits or tell me what I did. I figured it had to be the BabyGap items although I see them being sold continually on Ebay!

No warning, no guidelines, no chance to prove they were legitimate products...just listings (paid for) but not listed. I found 'accidentally' found out I had selling limits when I chatted on line with Ebay wondering why my listings were not being displayed. Ebay did not even have the courtesy to let me know I was limited.

I recently had my limits lifted, but quite frankly, I am leery about what I can and cannot sell. They said limits may be placed again or complete denial of the use of Ebay if I break the rules again.

Frustrated I wrote back -- how in the world does one know they are about to commit an Ebay offense if one doesn't know what they do wrong and have no defense?

I have an expensive, name brand watch I would like to sell, but find myself wondering if, because it is new, it will get me in the same
predicament?

Not a way to build a business, for sure. At this point I am barely breaking even selling inexpensive items with all the fees!

I wanted to build a solid home business on Ebay, maybe I should look into one of the suggested sites that I read about in this thread.

Keep hounding the Trust division, but expect the same email responses until they finally lift your restrictions!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.