Skip to main content

Reply to "Listing on this site not worth the hassle!"

ok kbalona....question....

i currently use the paypal buttons and cart on my site www.eleganthomebykml.com (which, depending on what page you go to, you can see that paypal messed up half my site with their latest "upgrades" and made all my buttons go screwy so now i'm having to resize them all...arrgggg) and was "researching" the google checkout you are speaking of....the site says it's Free until 2008....then what?

ah.....i just found it....after the "promotion" of the free transactions expires, the rates go to: 2% + $0.20 per transaction , which is still cheaper than paypal (2.9% + .30)

now my question is this...i noticed that on some of the "forum comments" that after someone checks out or adds items to their cart, they do not have the ability to be forwarded back to your web site? (like paypal does)

also, the forum comments said that creating the "buttons" was somewhat tedious as it didn't save your info. now, with paypal, your buttons don't save either. all i do is copy the html and tweek the info...change the item #, $ and so forth by picking it out in the html code....follow me??

so, have you ever used the paypal merchant buttons and checkout process on your personal web site, and is using google checkout comparable? with the amount of items i have on my site, it will be a complete pita to switch over to google, but i'm tired of feebay/paypal ripping me off.

do you like google checkout?

sorry for the rambling....hope some of it made sense Razz

thanks,
kathleen Big Grin
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.