Skip to main content

Reply to "LISTINGS DISAPPEARED POLL"

Shouldn't one of the poll choices for this thread be that eBay should notify the seller when they temporarily hide listings so they can verify they aren't fraudulent? I mean they're the ones doing it and they know when they take them down and put them back up. We have no idea. We're not the ones doing it. Yet we're supposed to sprinkle warnings all over the place so that in case this happens people know why? It'd be pretty easy for eBay to send you an email or put a notice up in your eBay account. Those would be easily seen.

I think eBay is just trying to pull a fast one on sellers. They're already being sued for how long listings take to show up in the search. You know if they start telling people they're removing their listings from search sometimes after the listings are already running that'll just make that worse. Right now most sellers wouldn't know unless they happened to search for their own items, which I can't believe many do. New Auctiva sellers just happen to be doing those searches more frequently because it's the type of thing you'd do after signing up for a new listing service. eBay gets away with yanking your listings for 6 or so hours and the seller is none the wiser.

I discussed this with every eBay employee I could at eBay Live and I'll do it again this year and their summit with top seller's and certified providers in Washington D.C. at the end of this month.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.