Skip to main content

Reply to "Listings # Watchers Ebay # Viewers Seems Inflated & too fast to have lookers"

Here is note I got from ebay today regarding the viewers numbers

Dear lookandbuyme,
In communication with our technical team here at eBay we are showing that you would create that first view. You might not even have to click in to view the listing.
We couldn't find a time frame where the change might have taken place that you might be the first view. It might be something that some sellers will and won't see all the time.
I am sorry that I don't have a more definitive answer for you, but hopefully this information is helpful.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.
Sincerely,
Katrina T.
ebay customer support

I do not buy this as I was under impression that it was UNIQUE visitors and that the item actually had to be clicked into.

Interestingly tonight listed items got 6 hits on one item in less than 1 minute. I called eay and was told that IF I type in for instance JONES OF NEW YORK SWEATER and scroll down entire page that each of those people who have Jones of New York Sweater listed will get a view added to their page because all of those items have been "looked" at?

I begged to differ with girl and she backed down and is going to have support look at again.

I do not fully depend on counters by any means but do adjust prices sometimes based on counters being way high or way low. It is more of a general guide.

Would someone please look at their listings about a minute after they list through auctiva and see if it shows hit for all of the items they relist. No rush just when relisting.

Also, does everyone have a hit on ALL of the items they have listed. That seems impossible to me that I would all of a sudden have hits on every single item.

Thanks for any help others may have or know of this with.
Vickie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.