Skip to main content

Reply to "Major Problems with site"

quote:
Originally posted by Sharon:
Thanks for the info!

Now, how do I free up RAM or get more? You're dealing with a totally non-technical person. I just know how to run the adware/spyware, reg scrub, clean up, etc. programs.

Again, thanks!

to get more physical RAM you have to install a RAM card on your motherboard. to get more virtual RAM (which is what you probably are wanting to do), is check your hard drive space and delete things that you dont use/need.

to check hard drive space in windows - open "my computer" single-click the drive labeled (CSmile On the bottom of the left hand side of the window it will tell you how much free space you have. If it's extremely low, then you'll have a problem.

To free up some space, there's a few different things you can do. The easiest (and the one that is least likely to cause problems) is to go into Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs, and remove things you installed a long time ago but never use.

Be very careful about browsing your hard drive and deleting files and file folders yourself (instead let windows do the deletions using the control panel like i mentioned above). Reason why is that if you delete the wrong thing, you can make windows no longer work! (boss at place i used to work did that and had to call me into his office to fix it - laf!)

If you get to wondering about whether or not the amount of free space on your hard drive is enough and whether or not you truly need to delete anything, post here with how much free space you have.

BTW, the auctiva going really slow thing finally hit me last night. I went into the lister and it took something like 5 mins or so for the page to open! Eek Everything else (puter and other sites) was working fine at the time. dont remember what time it was when it happened, but was probably pretty late in the evening.

hope this helps
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.