Skip to main content

Reply to ""Managing the Mandate""

99 percent of my Ebay customers have always paid electronically. Nonetheless, I've been selling successfully on Ebay for 4 years and have had a poor year end selling season. Is it the economy? Partly. But it's also that Ebay customers are becoming more hesitant to buy there because they do not like the changes in Ebay's policies. If limits are placed on how they can pay, they just won't buy, it doesn't matter if it doesn't really affect most people. People are creatures of habit, when you change things, they will change too, but most likely AWAY FROM whatever it was made them change, and will form new buying habits where they perceive things to be a smoother experience. I live in the state where Circuit City is headquartered, a prime example of what happens to a company when you don't listen to your customers. CC's complacency in a changing economy, combined with their often contradictory policies were major nails in the coffin for them. As sellers, we can easily adapt to the mandate changes. But--- what will our customers do?
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.