Skip to main content

Reply to ""Managing the Mandate""

PosterCliff, here's a good one. A guy in England bought two first edition books from me. He had a book store in England. I had a buy it now for $99, but the guy who could have hit buy it now for $99, instead bid $400. He got the books, and relisted and resold them on ebay. AFTER he had resold the books he bought from me, and even had positive feedback on his sales, he then filed a paypal fraud claim against me, saying the items were not as described. I guess he thought since he was in England I couldn't do anything about it. And did I mention he stole my initial photos for his listings.

Paypal immediately withdrew $400 from my account, causing me to be overdrawn and froze my bank account. Of course I gave paypal proof of the fraud and his subsequent listings. Paypay did NOTHING.

My only saving grace was I emailed him and told him I was making a claim against him for theft for stealing my photos, and showed him where I had tracked his sales of my books. He got scared and immediately withdrew his claim. I got lucky, but most people don't get this lucky.

Money orders are fine, but you are crazy if you don't verify them before cashing them. Fake and altered money orders may be one of the biggest scams on the internet. I call and verify every single money order I get.

Tis true, ebay actually promotes and encourages fraud with their Nazi policies. Too many ebayers just think because ebay makes a policy, they can do it. Right now the only reason I am not pursuing a new class action lawsuit against ebay is because I say, screw them. I don't need the hassel. It's just easier to move on with my business and leave ebay to those desperate fools who are too afraid to try something new and believe ebay has the right to own their soul.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.