Skip to main content

Reply to "Measurements required for Priority Mail?"

Just a note to all sellers. I recently posted auctions on ebay and used ebay's shipping calculator. After the auctions posted, I checked ebay's figures against the USPS website figures.

The following happened: If the package went over the cubic foot rule and I selected 'package', the priority mail rate came up incorrect but the parcel rate was correct.

If I selected 'large package' the priority mail rate came up correct but the parcel rate was incorrect.

Moral of the story if shipping via USPS: Until ebay fixes the problem, only offer one choice of shipping [either priority or parcel] but not both on your auction page. If your buyer wants more choices, figure it yourself at the end of auction via USPS website.

I was online with an ebay rep for over an hour and they checked my listing. Everything in listing was correct...shipping calculator has a problem.

Just wanted to share my experience with you so you don't have to go stop auctions like I had to do because ebay's shipping calculator was computing the wrong figure.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.