Skip to main content

Reply to "Measurements required for Priority Mail?"

If you go to the usps site and want to calculate postage for priority mail, you need to click on larger box.
That is not the balloon rate, it is for the larger than a cubic foot box rate.

First,you will need to fill in the weight, and zip code and pick larger box.

That will take you to a new window where you can put in the box size measurements.
Then you pick the way you plan to ship, priority, parcel etc.

If you use the usps branded priority boxes, they have the dimensions already printed on them, so you just plug them in and the rest of the info.

I have done this and it did work for me.

If you want to use calculated shipping with auctiva (as far as I know) you need to select when doing your listing what types of shipping you are offering, priority, first class etc. so that the customer can make a choice when the auction ends.

But if these are not branded usps boxes and they are going to zones 5-8, are larger than a cubic foot total and beyond a certain weight, then as of now Auctiva is not able to do it now.

I am anxiously awaiting them to do this as one never knows if the buyer will want to combine items into a larger box, where it is going to be shipped (zones 5-8) to and how much it will weigh in total.

Paypal also requires that when you print out a postage label that you put in the measurements of the box. It is very simple to do.
Once you pick priority it will ask you for the box measurments.

I have tried this and it worked with the branded boxes from usps.

But this is a nightmare when it comes to the non-branded ones that exceed the new rules and regulations.

So here is hoping that Auctiva updates soon as I really like this site, but need the updates to properly list.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.