Skip to main content

Reply to "messy business"

quote:
Anyone else feel stressed out by the mess of running an ebay business from home?

Yes, I went through this already. Over a period of about 7 years, I turned a nice basement room into an absolute shithole of other people's used crap. This insideous buildup of stuff occured slowly as I would go to estate/garage/yard sales and bring stuff home. I'd find that one item of a lot sold for 10 times what I paid, so I held onto the other items in the lot, to be sold over time, to keep that stream of cash coming in. It was good before 9/11, the money flowed in like water. Then the bottom fell out. The value of items all of a sudden dropped. Stuff continued to pile up.

Well, this went on for years. My wife constantly fought with me over how the room looked ("sell it or get rid of it"). As the years passed, this "stuff" was no longer valuable. Most of it barely sold. It was a waste of time to even list it. Then, one day last October, it rained real hard and water came into the room and ruined the rug. The rug had to go. But what of all the stuff on the rug?

Well, you know what? I threw it all out! I am so happy I did that. I got rid of a ton of stuff which was now worthless. I restored the former 'eBay' room to a livable room again, and I don't ever plan on letting that happen again. It's a sickness. Watch yourself.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.