Skip to main content

Reply to "Multiple variation listings?"

First, auctiva are the ones who suggested we write them through support. Isn't that what it is for? If we have a question, they are not responding to, we need to go to support?

We really do not know how many people want it, do we? Auctiva told me there are requests for it? Plus, The forum threads are spread all quite a bit and I have asked they be combined. If auctiva can close a thread, surely they can combine a thread to put it all in one place. However, the discussion thread Auctiva opened was opened AFTER all of the other threads had begun so this was not a case where a new thread began after auctiva opened one on it.

My point at this point is that I was PURE lied to. People need to know if they were told it is being worked on by support that it is not. That it is being discussed. I have a huge problem with deception. You do not say you are working on a project when you later say you are NOT WORKING on IT. I would be fired from my job for that. Just come on the post and say it, then you do not have to lie about what you are doing? I am sure this happened because support only read the very last note written, not what they had already written.

I will continue to pursue this, and hope others who will use it do too. Of course, if we do not post, it will never happen it will become an inactive thread, right? If we do not write support they do not know we want it right?
Guess I am confused as to how we let them know we want it if we let forum die and do not write support? Any suggestions on letting them know if we just quite writing and quit on forums?

I am sure commerce would NEVER happened if they had not been dogged by the people who used them by forums and support requests.

I do not know what you are talking about trashing them on the boards. A handful of people? I see issues ALL over the BOARDS by all groups, especially commerce group. (and I do not blame some of them). If I have a problem, yes, I do write it, I thought that was what boards were for? but trash them, no I just tell it like it is that day.

Incidentally, the support people and the engineering team who implement these changes and two different groups. So writing support really has nothing to do with implementation of new features, other than they can pass on messages, so the more we write the more messages will be passed.

As far as what others are offering - We are not allowed on forums to mention auctiva competitors and what they do and do not offer, it is a violation of auctiva policy and I do not blame them for that policy. I am sure they know who has it and who does not though, as surely competitors keep up with each other, especially in this dog eat dog world.

We all know that most people have not even tried it. Some know NOTHING about it. I don't know what you sell so not sure if you could use it or not, but even if you can't today, you never know what you may sell next week, year? This is for sure not for the casual lister that list things around the house, it is more for people who have inventory of like items. If it were available I am sure it would be used a lot.

I know this is the wave of most online stores, Amazon uses, it, ALL department stores use it, All Shoe Stores Use It. Cosmetic companies use it. I really can't think of a website I have been to that does NOT use it. If you go online I can't think of a company that does not use it now. I am pretty sure Auctiva commerce even uses it now. Obviously, ebay put a huge amount of thought into it before they started using it and decided this was sure an asset to them as well as the seller. It helps boost sales, it is easier to navigate than looking thorough hundereds and thousands of listings for your size. It stops from bogging down sites because you have an item listed one time, it saves the companies storage space because they are doing one listing rather than 200 - 500 or more different listings. One person does not bog it down much.. but thousands and thousands, yep will sure make a difference.

I am sorry if this is not a feature you want, we all are interested in what only "we" want for ourselves. I try to see the overall picture. There are lots of things needed and some I would sure place over this that would be used more by community as a whole.

Thanks for your 2 cents worth. As all opinions count on the forums.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.