Skip to main content

Reply to "Multiple variation listings?"

Tony thanks for your response, It is much appreciated. However, with all due respect, we got a note on here in Posted on July 14, 2009 stating
"We hope to do so later in the year." We assumed that was 2009, for awhile we could get no responses at all on forums, I was getting major run around from support tickets saying, yes, we are working on, no we are thinking about it, etc.,

We fully realize you have to plan, however, I do not feel that Auctiva understands we also have to plan. Now there is still no ETA, as early as possible in 2010 could mean the earliest possible will be September in which case we have missed doing this on Spring and Summer and Christmas for 2010 also using multiple format. I feel we are in the the total dark and that we are being strung along a little bit like here is some nice candy for you.. you will love it, but you have to wait on it. We don't know how long you will have to wait, but just wait. Honestly do you all not understand that, we can't plan our listings for multiples without some guideline on dates. It is a royal pain to be listing through ebay and through auctiva, and I figure if I absolutely have to use 2 ways to list, then I just as well find another provider and start my multiples over there, while leaving my listings here until I get my multiples for spring and summer listed and going. Yes, it will mean paying fees two places, but even with 2 fees, I still would save money over listing items individually. It would also save me time which is $$$ in this business. I do not want to do this, as I feel I owe auctiva for all of the years we did not pay and I try to be loyal to people who have helped me through the years. However, I now have to start looking at the savings since I have seen it on the few things I have listed in multiples. I have more viewers, more watchers, more buyers of those items and it is so much simpler to keep up with inventory.

I am also a little concerned that this will get almost done and then not fine tuned or finished. I recently have noticed some posts about loose ends and tying up loose ends on many topics or items that appeared to be abandoned and then something else started.

It is somewhat irritating to get updates on TOTALLY new being introduced and implemented while we wait on this. Yes, I realize this is probably several teams working independently on different areas, but it is still irritating. Ebay will be coming out with new categories before we even get the old ones on if what I am being told is accurate. Which means you will have more people trying out a new format and probably lots of confusion if the old comes out and the new immediately after or with the old categories. I am sure kinks will need to be worked out when this is introduced.

I am not trying to rude or arrogant in any way. I am just making point that we can't plan with NO ETA at all and I can't afford to leave my spring/summer unlisted. I do not want to list through ebay and immediately find that auctiva introduced it and then relist later through auctiva, that is a time waster, and time is money. Nor do I want to go to another vendor and list multiples and others through auctiva. Auctiva is making this decision very difficult because of fact that we can't plan.
If they would say.. you know.. you should go ahead and plan your spring through ebay or where ever and we will have for summer. Or we probably will not get in time for your to get your spring or summer listed then that is fine.. we just need to know rather than twiddling our thumbs on these items waiting.

Thanks and I do hope you understand our position on this.

Thanks for your input.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.