Skip to main content

Reply to "Multiple variation listings?"

Stormasis, I have been listing on Auctiva for a very long time and was not thrilled with idea of switching. Especially since due to an Auctiva formatting issue and insurance blurb having to be removed I just had re-done every one my listings one by one, which took a very long time. Yes, I tried to use the bulk edit - because of Auctiva formatting issue it would not work, support could not make it work either.

I do have friends who went to the other side and they said after got over the initial shock of switching things have been great and they honestly have no plans to come back. When they cut the cord, they really cut the cord. I decided to attempt to hang in there as I simply am not a big on change person and I like auctiva and honestly fee that I used the free for a very long time and sure do not begrudge them the amount I am paying now.

I was not thinking of bailing because of fees Auctiva charges right now, it was because they did not have a feature that could save us lots of money each year that we could get elsewhere. It was strictly a business decision to save money. I am in business to make money, not let it slip through the cracks on listing fees when I can save on them. On Multiple Variation sellers can save big $$$$'s and money saved to me is money earned. I can cover my auctiva fees 20 or more times over even with the few multiples I have in the few categories ebay offers right now.

For us being able to get the multiple variation would make the grass greener and our wallets much greener, when did not know when auctiva would get it until this week so we could not plan.

If you read older forums on this of which they are quite spread under different keywords, we did not get responses from auctiva for a very long time and support requests were very confusing and contradicting to each other. So it is not like we decided on Monday we needed this and talked about switching on Thursday. This has been going on since ebay went live in June and it was talked about way before June on ebay and other forums. No, we did not expect auctiva to have it in June, even though there are those that had it pretty darn quick, we all along wanted ETA's. Just like planning a wedding or party, you need to know when it will be so you can order the cake, flowers, etc.,

We eagerly anticipate the arrival of this, are glad we are getting approximate ETA's so that we too can plan.

I guess since the grass is not greener on the other side in some opinions, we should just shut up and take what we are fed be satisfied without site updates that keep us and auctiva competitive with other sellers, even though they cost us money and a lot more listing time. If everyone had done that when the fees were announced that is what we would be paying right now and you would still be grazing on brown pastures. I would be grazing where my friends graze which they say is good grazing once the first few things are listed.

Thanks for your input, it is appreciated as this forum is for all opinions.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.